Monday, May 19, 2014

Illustrations That Tickled My Fancy This Week

My parents are both artists and thanks to them I've grown up with an intense appreciation for all art forms. Over the years, I've developed a love for illustration. I like to play around with it myself sometimes (I'm sure I'll post something of mine at some point), but I am constantly baffled by the amazing talents of others. Here are just a few illustrations that I've stumbled across and fell in love with this week:

This collection by Rebecca Mock has been floating around the web as of late, and if you haven't seen it yet, you should definitely check it out. It's so clever and beautifully done! Each piece is equally mesmerizing and serene- I just think it's such a wonderful concept!

I found this illustration on Pinterest and it took me awhile to track down it's origin. It's by the artist Adrian Tomine, who you may recognize from familiar New Yorker covers (click the link for examples). Something about his style just makes me want to stare for awhile- it's as vivid as actually going people-watching.

I cannot get over Emma Dibben's delicate style. It was hard to choose just one piece to show you, but as a fan of baking and desserts, I think I can safely say that this is my favorite. I wish all of my kitchen ingredients could look like something from her illustrations!

I love this illustration so much, but I'm still struggling to track down it's origins. I believe it's from a book called Chii Sakobee, but I can't find much information on it through the American web, aside from the foreign site I linked to. I'll put a reward on it- all my love and something special (to be determined) if you can tell me more about this book!

1 comment

Thanks so much for your comments! :)