Thursday, April 3, 2014

Music of the Day: Habibi


This was my "don't worry, it's almost the weekend" jam this morning. While rushing to make it out the door in time for a meeting, I danced around in a swirl of clothes, makeup, and rain boots. Needless to say, I left in a better mood than usual.

"Habibi" means "my heart" in Arabic- a fitting name for this all-girl band from Brooklyn that has certainly captured my heart. The band was founded by Rahill Jamalifard and is influenced by her Persian ancestry and 60's Motown sounds. (For more information, read this interview with V Magazine.)

I love this album and sincerely recommend checking out more if you're interested!


2 comments

  1. I love music posts! Thanks for the music suggestion, I am definitely checking them out!

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them! I'd love to know what you think when you get around to listening! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments! :)