Sunday, April 6, 2014

Music of the Day: Yumi Zouma


This has been my play-on-repeat Sunday song ever since it premiered from the label Cascine back in January. I just can't stop listening to it! The other songs on Yumi Zouma's self-titled EP (which was released on February 11th) are great, too, but this one is by far my most played.

One of my favorite music blogs, Gorilla Vs. Bear, describes the song as "wistful" and "shimmering". I couldn't have said it better myself, and it's thanks to them that I found this lovely song. The New Zealand group has a variety of sounds, from this soft, romantic dream-pop to a light funk that's present in their other tracks, like "A Long Walk Home for Parted Lovers".

If you dig this song as much as I do, I suggest checking out the rest of the album! Just prepare yourself for a little less dream and a little more funk and you'll be a Yumi Zouma fan in no time.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! :)