Sunday, August 24, 2014

Up North: Bits and Pieces

It's been a busy past couple of weeks! I can't believe summer is already coming to an end and my final semester of classes begins in a few short days. I don't feel ready at all, but I'm glad that I got to go home for a visit while I still have the time. Here are a few of my favorite photos from my trip up north:

I'm so thankful that I got to make it up north for a short camping trip with my sister and my cousin! Few things compare to the satisfaction of a perfectly roasted marshmallow. I ate more than I care to admit! 

This little leopard frog hung out on my hand for a good ten minutes. I love all outdoor critters, but these little guys have always especially thrilled me. I'm now a grown woman, but I still get exciting about catching frogs! 


We had a wonderful dinner and multiple delicious breakfasts of potatoes and herbs from my family's backyard garden. Homegrown veggies complete my summer! Having a garden is the best, and I hope to plant one of my own at my new place next summer. 

Speaking of my new place...boy, moving sure is exhausting! I just spent a week up north, but now I'm currently on a bus back to Grand Rapids. When I get home, I'll return to the seemingly endless journey of unpacking. I did get my bookshelves and a few frames hung up already, so I'll post some photos shortly! I'm already loving having a full size kitchen and I can't wait to share more cooking adventures with you! 

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! 



Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! :)